Does your teenager think they know everything about Broadway musicals and shows? Do they sing the lyrics of Dear Evan Hansen, Wicked, and Hamilton incessantly? Well, here is a Broadway trivia quiz to keep your teen guessing (and learning).
We know that many teens think they “know it all,” but can your teen answer these trivia questions about some of Broadway’s all time favorite teen shows? Stump your child today with some of these tricky quiz questions.
Favorite Broadway Shows for Teens
Teen-centric narratives have been a part of Broadway dating back many decades, some would say even to the beginning of theater itself.
According to Broadway Direct, an online source for shows and tickets to some of Broadway’s most popular performances, there are many shows that appeal to the teen age group but none such as: Wicked, Mean Girls, Beetlejuice, and Dear Evan Hansen.
Wicked, based loosely on the Wizard of Oz, helps teens look at issues such as identity and morality, while a show like Dear Evan Hansen examines the problems that are encountered when a teen gets caught up in lies trying to fit in. Mean Girls explores the troubles of teens navigating the cliques of high school. Beetlejuice is perfect for teens who feel like the odd man out and are looking for a way to make the most of their life, or afterlife.
Stump Your Teen
Here are a few questions from musicals and shows that you can use to quiz your teen.
- Where does Hairspray take place? Baltimore
- Which song is NOT from Wicked? Popular, Defying Gravity, Dancing Through Life or A Change in Me
- Which Disney film has NOT been turned into a Broadway musical? Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Aladdin or The Little Mermaid
- Which of these is NOT a rock musical? School of Rock, Hamilton, Rent, or Rock of Ages
- Which musical was not based on a film? Dear Evan Hansen, Pretty Woman, Young Frankenstein, Legally Blonde the Musical
- Spamalot was based on what show? Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Mamma Mia is based on the music of which Swedish pop group? ABBA
- Which smash hit musical tells the story of the founding fathers of the United States? Hamilton
- What is the name of the carnivorous Venus flytrap plant in Little Shop of Horrors? Audrey II
- The musical West Side Story, which tells the story of rival gangs in New York City’s Upper West Side, is based on which Shakespeare play? Romeo & Juliette
- What was Disney’s first Broadway musical? Beauty & The Beast
- Which musical features a group of drama students at New York’s High School for the Performing Arts? Fame
- Which Disney musical features the song ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’? Mary Poppins
- Name the Oscar, Emmy, Grammy and Tony-award-winning composer of musicals such as Cats, Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar. Andrew Llyod Webber
- Which musical, adapted from a novel by Victor Hugo, features characters such as Jean Valjean, Cosette and Javert? Les Miserables