When Christmas time comes around, there are tons of Christmas festivities in which to participate. Musical theater is a great way to celebrate the holiday. Catch a show with some friends, or enjoy a night with family and go to dinner and a show. When you haven’t seen family or friends in so long, there’s no better way to catch up and spend time together than to go see a musical or a Christmas play. Our busy schedules make it hard to see the family year-round, especially if you live far from your loved ones. When you finally do get to see the ones you love, make these moments even more special with an inspiring and family-oriented musical.
We have listed some of the most popular shows during the holiday season. These favorite holiday shows will have everyone excited to spend a night out together. Which show will you and your family attend?
- The Shubert Theater in Boston is Putting on A Charlie Brown Christmas from November 29 until Dec 2, 2018. If you have younger ones in the family, the kids will definitely enjoy this show.
- See A Christmas Carol at The Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield, MA. Presented by The Berkshire Theatre Group, this show will be running from December 8 through December 22, 2018. This is definitely a show the whole family will love. It’s also running at the North Shore Music Theatre from December 7 to December 23, 2018.
- If you’re looking to travel to NY for the holidays, you’ll love this one. The Christmas Spectacular starring the Radio City Rockettes runs from November 9, 2018, through January 1, 2019.
- The Boston Ballet is presenting The Nutcracker at the Boston Opera House from November 29 to December 30, 2018. The Nutcracker is a classic and an all-time favorite of many.
- The Wang Theatre is presenting How the Grinch Stole Christmas from November 28 to December 9, 2018. See one of the most renowned holiday stories presented live at the Wang Theatre.
- See Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at Capitol Center for the Arts on December 4, 2018.
These shows are great options for celebrating the holiday cheer. We hope this list helps you decide on a show to see this season. If you don’t find much that appeals to you on this list, stay up to date with our social media this month. This may inspire you in other directions, as we’ll be posting about all things holiday theater for the month of December! If you have questions about putting on your own holiday production this season, we can help. Contact Backdrops by Charles H. Stewart at (978) 682-5757.